Monday, February 27, 2017

Amazing Women

Image result for admiration quote

Molly asked me the other night why I hadn’t blogged in so long.  I could have given her the pompous, egotistical answer and said I just wasn’t feeling it lately, but I gave her the honest answer which was that Captain hadn’t provided me any new material for awhile.  


She suggested I write about my wonderful daughter to which I replied “Good daughters come from great mamas.”  She told me that was an excellent blog topic and to get cracking.


That’s what I admire about Molly.  She has a fierce determination to accomplish her goals.  When she sets her mind on something, she goes after it with everything she’s got.  


When she decided she wanted to pursue a career in dental assisting, she studied hard, passed her practical exams, studied hard some more, and then passed her licensing exams.  When she decided she wanted to buy a house, she followed the steps.  She had appointments with her bank’s loan officer, she met with realtors, and she filled out paperwork.  She negotiated the terms of her purchase contract and made a good bargain on her house.  She had always said if she wasn’t married by 22, she was going to buy her own house and she did.  She possesses a strong will and an abundance of self-confidence.  I want to be her when I grow up.

Image result for admiration quote


Then I got to thinking about the other women in my life that I admire.


My mom is one of the most creative people I know.  She can sew like nobody’s business, and when she patched my kids jeans or snow pants they were the envy of the playground because she used a snowman shape or a baseball bat and ball instead of just a square or rectangle.  She made heirloom quilts for each of her children for their wedding.  When her first grandchild got married, she made a quilt for him too.  She is meticulous and exacting in everything she does.  There is none of this “that’s good enough” stuff for her!  It’s either done right the first time, or it’s redone until it’s right.  That kind of dedication is so admirable.  Beyond that, she has steadfast faith in God that is remarkable.  I want to be her when I grow up.


My daughter-in-law amazes me with her work ethic.  She holds down a full-time job and not one but two part-time jobs!  All this on top of being a wife and mother.  I’m pretty sure there isn’t a cookie recipe that she couldn’t master, she’s that kind of whiz in the kitchen.  Most of all, I love her sense of humor.  She always has a stash of witty one-liners ready to lighten up any gathering.  I want to be her when I grow up.

Image result for admiration quote


My mother-in-law is the epitome of strength.  She has experienced hardships that no mother should have to endure.  She held her family together during lean years by gardening, canning, and pitching in with chores.  She has an impeccable sense of style that I can never hope to emulate.  She is fiercely devoted to her family but makes room for a broad group of friends who mean the world to her.  I want to be her when I grow up.  


My granddaughter is the light of my life.  She has a well-developed sense of humor even at 2 years old.  She finds joy in the simple things whether it is petting Chewy or spinning in circles until she falls down.  She has a highly developed sense of compassion and empathy for someone so young.  She is aware of when someone is sad, and she does her best to make it “all better.”  I want to be her when I grow up.

Image result for admiration quote


I realize that I am surrounded by amazing women that I don’t think I have valued enough.  That stops now!  I will be grateful every day that each of these women is a part of my life, and I will continue to try and mimic those stellar qualities in them that I admire.  

My love and admiration to each and every one of them!!

Images used:
http://img.picturequotes.com/2/10/9486/when-i-was-young-i-admired-clever-people-now-that-i-am-old-i-admire-kind-people-quote-1.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmrA-j3CDeUB9XcXMsVYitKH1ulu0NPXWarfl6PG43NbnQsEr0
http://www.quotespie.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/quote-Kitty-Kelley-a-hero-is-someone-we-can-admire-132801_1.png
http://www.azquotes.com/image-quotes/Quotation-William-Arthur-Ward-Blessed-is-he-who-has-learned-to-admire-but-not-50-80-69.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment