Monday, July 8, 2019

She Shed Shennanigans


Image courtesy of  WordsOnImages.com

Ladies, have you ever been so upset with your significant other that for your own sanity--and his physical well-being--you have needed some space to cool down? 

Yeah, I didn't think I was the only one.  Even Cubby is on board this train.  She stayed overnight last week, and during the course of the evening when I was not home, Grampa took the tablet away from her so she couldn't watch YouTube anymore. 

When I got home from my meeting (and kudos to Grampa for Cubby-sitting in my absence), she comes running to the door to tattle on him. 

"Gramma, Grampa was being a putz!"  She put on a little pouty face and said, "He took away the tablet." 

Cry me a river, honey bunny; you'll live.  Did you have fun anyway?  Of course she did.  

On the same note, my friend, Marcie, and I were talking about this the other day, and we decided that a Shared She Shed for Shelter from Shitheads is a must in any community.  What say y'all?  

Am I right?  Men have had their gentlemen's clubs and Man Caves for years.  As if they need to take a break from the wonderful women that they are married to; I mean, come on!

The S.S.S.S. would only be open and available to those citizens not burdened with a Y chromosome and would be open 24/7 as a Her Haven. 

Image courtesy of ravishly.com

Some of the perks would include:
  • Endless supplies of wine, chocolate, caramel, and coffee.  
  • There would be no calories in anything that is eaten.  
  • It would need to have comfortable seating for those all-night gripe and grumble sessions.  
  • Sleeping accommodations for when someone tried to deplete the wine supply.
  • It would automatically clean itself.  
  • There would be a meditation garden for that Zen feeling.
  • No cell phone reception.
  • No clocks.
I am not saying we don't love our guys, because we do.  I'm just saying that sometimes we all need to recharge our girl power without XY interference.  

Because this isn't feasible (damn and double damn), we have to find other ways to decompress.  For some, that means immersing themselves in music or other fine arts.  For others, it is physical activity.  Yes, I am talking about beating the rugs and imagining it is your man. 

Image courtesy of WomenWorking.com
For me, it's crocheting.  I know enough simple patterns that I can sit down and do by rote without having to think about it, leaving my mind free to empty out and rejuvenate itself.  It's an activity I can be alone and enjoy or have company with other happy hookers and do a little venting while creating.  

Whatever it takes to help us maintain our relationships is good because at the end of the day, it is our relationships that will get us through anything.  

But wine and caramel don't hurt.  Just saying!

1 comment: