Thursday, February 25, 2016

Wishing Well


I’ve noticed that wishes are usually monumental things:

I wish I was rich…
I wish cancer didn’t exist…
I wish I could go back and change [insert regret]…


I have also noticed that wishes are usually followed by a “but”

but I’m not.
…but it does.
…but I can’t.


Are wishes really prayers that we just don’t realize we are saying or are afraid to form as a prayer for whatever reason?  What if we did form it as a prayer?

Dear Lord, please help me to provide for my family as best I can.
Dear Lord, please find a cure for cancer.
Dear Lord, please forgive me for past mistakes.

Even better, what if we formed wishes as prayers for others?


Dear Lord, please help me find a way to help those less fortunate than me so I remember how blessed I am.
Dear Lord, please bless the researchers looking for a cure for cancer.
Dear Lord, please help me forgive those who I feel have wronged me.


You know, I’ve had times in my life when I didn’t know what the hell to even wish for or pray for.  At that point, the best thing you can say is Dear Lord, I am handing it over to you.  Help me.


Here’s wishing your prayers are answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment