Thursday, September 3, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. - Meister Eckhart


Mama Bear reminded me today that in today’s society, an attitude of gratitude is often missing.


So I got to thinking about what I am thankful for in my life.  


I am always thankful when no one sees me slip on the ice.  You know, those times when you do the whole windmill-your-arms and tap-dance-your-feet routines?  When I’m lying there in the snow, I always think, “Why didn’t you just slip gracefully to the ground instead of making a damn production out of it?!”




I am always glad at bowling league when my score has three digits in it.  I really don’t care which three digits...as long as I break 100, I am happy, happy, happy!  This sometimes irritates Captain because, as the sponsor of our team, he would really like me to do better.  Suck it up, bunky; this is as good as it gets!

Speaking of bowling, I am always glad to have the chance to get together with the ladies and have a fun night of gossip and giggling. 




I am always glad on those mornings I wake up and remember that I have nowhere to go, nobody to see, and nothing to do...which means I don’t have to even try and look pretty.  I can stay in my grunge clothes and pull my hair back into a scare-small-children messy bun.  


I am always glad when I make it to the gas station, even if--or especially when--I am running on prayers and fumes.




I am thankful that artificial intelligence hasn’t come far enough yet for my scale to just yell at me when I step on it in the morning.


 


Then there are the big ticket items.  The real things that I am thankful for every single day.  My health, my job, my freedom.  

But most of all I am so thankful every day for YOU.  Yes, you...my family and friends who mean so very much to me.  Thank you for being part of my life and making it richer and more satisfying than I could have ever imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment