Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's a dog's life


Hi, this is Dipstick taking over the blog in honor of National Dog Day.  Mrs. Captain is busy, so she handed the controls over to me.  


For those of you who don’t know me from having me chase your car when you drive by, I am an 8-year-old Lab/Dalmation/Rotweiler.  I don’t know how Mr. and Mrs. Captain would get along without me, my mom Dayzee, and my dad Bear.  We keep an eagle eye out for any suspicious activity.  Excuse me while I chase a car…


Whew, got close enough that time to read the tire size!  Where was I?


Oh yeah, our value to Mr. and Mrs. Captain.  Well, first of all, we conduct daily soil borings to make sure that there are no seismic disruptions in the underground.  The Captains don’t seem to appreciate this at all, but it is absolutely necessary for us to dig large holes in various points of the yard just to be thorough.  



The Captains are also pretty harsh about our freedom of expression.  Dogs have feelings too, and we need to talk about them.  Okay, so fine, 3 a.m. might not be the ideal time for it, but what’s a dog to do?


Excuse me, there is another car to chase.  


Don’t get me wrong, the Captains are good parents.  We get our feeder filled every week, and every morning we get our doggie num-nums.  Mom is such a suck up SHE gets to go in the house for her num-num but me and Dad wait outside on the deck.  The Captains try to make me shake for my treat, but after eight years they sort of gave up on that.  Geez, just give me the goods and no one gets hurt!


Some farm dogs help chase cattle, but that’s beneath me.  I have much more important things...excuse me, another car going by.


I think cattle are dumb.  What do they do...walk around, eat corn, drink water, and fart.  I can do that too, but no one appreciates it.  


Sometimes our cousin, Chewy, comes to visit but he is mostly a pain in the butt.  Literally.  He always has his nose in my business!  


Another favorite activity of the Brogan Dogs is chasing bunnies.  There are three of them around here.  I tried that thing that Elmer Fudd talked about, but even being vewy, vewy, quiet doesn’t help.  Those little stinkers are gone in a flash.  








We especially like it when the paper is delivered because the driver stops and gives us another treat.  So does the FedEx man and the UPS driver.  Too bad the Captains don’t order much delivery stuff.  


I was watching the TV through the living room window the other night and saw a commercial for The Cutest Pet contest and have been waiting for the Captains to come and take my picture, but the camera must be on the fritz because they haven’t done it yet.  


Oh how exciting, it’s not a car this time but a guy on a bike...be right back.  

Well, it’s been nice catching up with you.  I have to get back to my duties now.  Fear not, Mrs. Captain will be back to post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment