Tuesday, December 8, 2015

And the iTune saga continues...



Holy headaches, batman, this laptop/iTunes situation gets worse by the minute!


I found, thanks to a good friend who works at Office Max, a charger that worked on my laptop.  So excited!  Had to let it charge for over three hours to have enough power to even start.  Fire it up, grab by iPod, all set to load a dozen CD’s worth of Christmas tunes.


Utter disappointment...somehow in the 364 days since I last accessed the laptop, it got password locked under Young Man’s name and no one can remember the password.  


So my holiday tunes are still inaccessible to me.  My Office Max contact will be bowling with us tonight, and I am hoping if I take the entire laptop and charger to give to her, she can fix it at work this week.  


I am THIS close to just going and buying a new laptop with a CD drive so I can just load all my music that way.  But the cheap part of my personality just can’t justify that expense right now.  


What a pickle!




I did download the I Heart Radio free app on my phone, so I can get some tunes, but they aren’t MY Christmas tunes.  It helps, but not completely.  


On a positive note, Captain and I did go buy our Christmas tree last night.  I have always campaigned for an artificial tree and have yet to win that argument.  However, we did find a very nice, full, short-needle tree at the Lion’s by North Walmart.  We’ll bring it in the house this morning to let it floof up and then put it up tomorrow night.  


In amongst all the Christmas preparations, we are in the middle of year-end financial stuff with tax prep, cash flows, balance sheets, etc.  Talk about a spirit drainer!  Captain had his annual appointment at FSA.  Only minutes into his meeting, I get a call from him that the loan officer was pretty miffed that I hadn’t sent a container of microwave caramels for him this year.  Guess I know what I’ll be doing this weekend!




Since I finally got paid, I could get all my Christmas shopping out of hock from my Amazon online cart.  I love Amazon because I can get anything I want from the comfort of my own home and not have to actually “shop.”  I hate shopping.  


Now I just have to wait for everything to be shipped and then I can wrap them, which is actually a job that brings me quite a bit of joy.  


I just need to remember, again and again, that the important part of Christmas is being an example of Christ for others.  I had that point driven home to me clearly yesterday when Amy was doing my hair color.  A young man came into the shop for an appointment with the other stylist.  He had longer hair than I did and said he wanted to “cut it all off.”  I thought that was pretty drastic, but since I’ve done the same thing myself a time or two, I wasn’t going to judge.




Turns out he was donating to Locks of Love...not just making a drastic personal choice.  I was humbled by this young man’s selflessness and realized that in the midst of great chaos in our world, there are still good people who put other’s needs in front of their own.  That’s an example of Christ that is almost too wonderful for words.  




No comments:

Post a Comment